RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
keeneye99

Trevor Wilkes

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Go and have a listen to race 8 at Addington today and tell me it's not time Trevor was gone for good, I was listening to it in the car and I think he mentioned a total of about 3 dogs during the whole commentary, his eyes were just on one dog which was all he was concerned about......have a listen (no pictures) and you will hear what I mean.....it was beyond bad.

Think he might have resigned if it had got beat !!!

Race 8 was like he was calling a qualifying trial very average !!!!then go to race 13 and calls Cawbourne Sandy Cawbourne Palmer not a good look at all.:wacko:

And before anyone attacks me no I could not do better as I would not even get through 2 dogs:P but I also don't want to be a caller and also not getting paid to do so which Trev is!!!!

Old Gummy Trev ( 67 ) called Sader Nation ( Friday R8 ) most of the race and afterwards - luckily I had pictures otherwise would not have known what was what. He's passed it. Time to move on - Andy or Darryl or Jason Teaz are all good for me. Much better than Wilkes, Early or Rozo.

9 hours ago, jimmyintheruck said:

Old Gummy Trev ( 67 ) called Sader Nation ( Friday R8 ) most of the race and afterwards - luckily I had pictures otherwise would not have known what was what. He's passed it. Time to move on - Andy or Darryl or Jason Teaz are all good for me. Much better than Wilkes, Early or Rozo.

Jason or Andy would be the logical ones as too far for Darryl to come wouldn't it be? In my job I get monthly reviews from my bosses and have KPI's I have to achieve to keep my job surely if Trev has assessments he would fail them time after time. Maybe time for him to step aside before he gets pushed!!!

16 minutes ago, Jay4 said:

Always tough to back up from a 630 on a Tuesday and race over 645 Thursday. Lucky for opawa plum and know value  it raced over 630 Sunday Trev, so opawa plum could run a nice 2nd!

haha

it was good to southern lights back up and win

Problem with dog callers is we have 3 over 50 years old  and their days are numbered. I heard Peter Earley the other day and one race he called a dog getting over the top on the post when it had been in the lead from before the home corner. Need to be able to portray the race better. only reason I know was listen to the race of radio live then watched it on mysky that night. 

16 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I don't mind Darryl Robinson, Mark Rowsanowski gets on my nerve the way he keeps making excuses and apologising every time he gets the angle wrong (you would think he would have got it by now) 

The CD now have the worst callers in the country, I like Jetson have the mute button on.

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I don't mind rozzo, clear and easy to listen to, Trev's good for mine as well, mcook is too muffled when he calls it sounds like a school boy on a tape recorder....I'm sorry but bar a select few race callers in nz Aussie callers are far superior, where as nz callers 20 years ago were the best.

Rozzo is awful. 

2 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

rozzo knows more about greyhounds than the rest of the callers put together he was very good presenter and it's a shame that he isn't still doing that 

what Rozzo doesnt know about greyhound is not worth knowing, very knowledgeable and a great bloke. dont mind his calling but the "8 beats the 6 beats the 4" instead of actual names sometimes is a shame. 

4 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

yes I agree about McCook very boring in fact I think worst than trev

I see his brother here using age discrimination as well 

not discriminating on age at all was just saying that 3 of them are getting on so need to have replacements in the wings. Each person has their own opinion which is what this forum is all about but hard to say someone with only 6 months of calling vs 40 years is boring. One will improve as time goes on and one is getting worse IMO. 

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Geez listen to the bags greys in the UK, they don't use the dogs names they just call the numbers and only max six dogs in a race...yes your bro has good potential and in the next  5 years im sure he will be well established in the caller ranks. but YOU shouldn't criticize the race callers he works with, puts him in a difficult position.

There is no skill in calling numbers only and I wouldn't bet in English Greys. Yes that is the good thing Andy has time on his side to perfect the art of calling.