RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
N1MUE

Great day of racing yesterday

Enjoyed the racing across the country yesterday (despite the little hiccup at Awapuni).  A few observations:

- stating the obvious but what a difference a good barrier draw makes, especially on good tracks and over shorter distances.  Shelford and Puntinato both beaten by poor draws recently but both won well from better barriers yesterday  (and both well ridden).  Pacific Choice another to take advantage of a good barrier draw.

- hasn't Mighty Solomon turned into a very good horse this season.  Very nice wins at Hastings and Trentham and again yesterday - not the strongest field yesterday but won easily.  Should win a group race or two.  The Thorndon maybe?   (and if anyone from NZ Racing reads this, would love to watch the video replay from yesterday so would appreciate if you could fix that up - thanks!)

- the Bookie beaters are worth a look.  Not sure if they've had 4 or 5 of these, but three of them have been successful (Brilliant Way, Midnitemagicman and McQueen).  I know Kawi lost but can't remember if there was another of these that lost.  Either way they have a good winning strike rate.

- speaking of McQueen, wasn't that impressive yesterday?  Still at $14 to win the Derby, and I reckon that's not a bad price.  Yes VSB looks like he only has to stay fit and well to win it, but a lot can happen between now and then, and McQueen's breeding suggests he should get 2400m.

- a bit much to ask a horse to race 5 times in 13 days.  I know thats how they roll on that circuit, but that often and on good tracks (one of them a good 2) - surely thats not right??   Fortunately it was in the H2H option so I was able to profit from its weariness.

- a bit much to ask a horse to race 5 times in 13 days.  I know thats how they roll on that circuit, but that often and on good tracks (one of them a good 2) - surely thats not right??   Fortunately it was in the H2H option so I was able to profit from its weariness.

Why are the TAB persisting with H2H options on lower class races. After all the pleadings from racing administrations and bad publicity it has fallen on deaf ears.

THe H2H option is unsuitable for racing unless for races with graded stake money first to last and enough of it.

- the Bookie beaters are worth a look.  Not sure if they've had 4 or 5 of these, but three of them have been successful (Brilliant Way, Midnitemagicman and McQueen).  I know Kawi lost but can't remember if there was another of these that lost.  Either way they have a good winning strike rate.

And again today with Moozoon - pushed out to $3.50, compared to $2.10 on tote.  Here's hoping they can keep up that great strike rate.

The Levin Classic turned out to be a beauty. A close finish and SARDAAJ went down fighting. 2 good rides from Coleman and Johnson. Then there was Sacred Star ! 57kg is not a big weight to carry over 1200m when you consider that there was only 4kg from top to bottom. So he certainly was overs in the betting. A huge win. Not sure how he'd go at Doomben on the tight track but he's certainly got the class .

The Levin Classic turned out to be a beauty. A close finish and SARDAAJ went down fighting. 2 good rides from Coleman and Johnson. Then there was Sacred Star ! 57kg is not a big weight to carry over 1200m when you consider that there was only 4kg from top to bottom. So he certainly was overs in the betting. A huge win. Not sure how he'd go at Doomben on the tight track but he's certainly got the class .

The Levin Classic was a bloody disaster

A maiden like the winner should never have been allowed to start

9 starters for $240,000  ridiculous  where were all the good 3year olds?  Gaultier  ??????? Time will tell!!

I too cannot fathom why Trainers of good 3 year olds would want to bypass a race such as The Levin Classic. It would be good to  hear from some their reasons for not entering this race.

However, well done to the connections of Gaulltier they are no doubt smiling all the way to the bank.