RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Todamax101

Rough Habit

it is with a very heavy heart i come to write this, in fact i'm Sad...clinically so :(

Rough~Habit was a masterfull champion galloper., most often mastering his opponents with a lessoning...even with passage or circumstance adversity.

..good~God he took our breaths away often..managing conquorings that hundreds and thousands of horses couldn't.

he knew so much about downright majesty..often even emitting a modesty at times, and i just loved watching him come off the track and back into the birdcage then winner's stalls., all that personable demenour of a conquorer...bolshy but measured in it.

i just saw an old promo or recollection on trackside of him, and a person was rubbing him down his head between the eyes toward his nose..and in a unison to each stroke, he was 'bunting and brushing' his head up and down to meet each stroking., what a great Person of a horse :o

Such the human personage of character..tailored and hallmarked in suitable modesty and restraints as 'the package'

Rest in an Honourable majesty of Peace oh great one.,

...gratefully, Hedley Jordan :(  post-620-0-92807900-1415318633.gif

How canny is that , 2 top horses on a couple of weeks . Rough Habit and Veandercross.

....you wait till the animal rights activists get hold of this...they will suggest without racing this champion lives another 10 years! ...those who saw that stradbroke are still shaking their heads. Wow! RIP

How canny is that , 2 top horses on a couple of weeks . Rough Habit and Veandercross.

Another Wheeler trained horse which downed Roughie in the Mackinnon. Not sure they make 'em like that anymore. RIP Roughie.

I was going to post here last night, when the decision was made to let Him die with dignity.

An incredible horse. A bit irritable and a loner in retirement, but just loved the Horse Magic shows, until very recently, when he aged quickly.

All the owners and Wheels were notified yesterday.

Lovely post by hinuera ,Hedley and others.

Lee is in Christchurch tonight and all the staff from the Lodge and all his fans are invited to

toast the great horse  at 8 pm, tonight  .....

Rev

what a champion indeed.

so many memorable wins, i'll never forget them, and the p j oshea stakes with wayne wilson at his best, here he comes, rough habit(nz), the little kiwi warhorse.

my all time favourite horse a kiwi :o

condolenses  to those involved ,  how fortunate you were to be involved with an all time great.

what a champion indeed.

so many memorable wins, i'll never forget them, and the p j oshea stakes with wayne wilson at his best, here he comes, rough habit(nz), the little kiwi warhorse.

my all time favourite horse a kiwi :o

condolenses  to those involved ,  how fortunate you were to be involved with an all time great.

Best call ever I think.

RIP Roughie you freak

Raised my glass and toasted the little champ who brought so much joy and elation through his racing deeds.

Like Sunline, he was of very ordinary pedigree but left the royally breds in his wake.

He was never able to trot and could barely do pacework yet at full gallop was sensational.

74 starts , 29 wins, 16 seconds and 7 thirds with 11 of those wins at G1 level. He became a legend in Queensland with his winning exploits and who can forget his win at New Plymouth with 71.5kgs on his back. Don't forget he ran 5th in a Japan Cup and also went to the States and ran in the Hollywood Gold Cup.

Horses such as Roughie is what makes this game great and why one becomes so involved.

RIP Roughie

Lived in Brissy at the time Roughy won Derby,Straddie and Doomben Cup...fantasic memories.

Only met his Breeder Isabelle and Graheme Roddick on returning home..Lovely people.

Sad day for all involved...Thanks Roughy. My favourite racehorse.

I must apologize to Lee, Roughie and connections for my late condolences.

I moved house Friday/Saturday so no internet  (God, no internet makes you feel as though your arms have been cut off doesn't it??)  Worst of all, no Sky so I missed the final day of Cup Week plus Riccarton.  

Everyone has said what should be said for Rough Habit. Absolute champion and so much courage.

So all I can say is::

I can admit I cried when Solvit beat him in the Cox Plate and can recall shouting at Solvit (at the tellie)

"You could have won it next year, this was Roughie's last go"

The best photo I had (which I left in the South Island) had the caption 'oh so close'.  I think Solvit's winning margin was 2 inches.

Makes me think there isn't a God because, with no offence to Solvit, Roughie deserved that Cox Plate.

As most have said his best race was the P J O'Shea.  Great race, great call .

Thank you for the thrills and the memories Roughie.  

You were one of the best

RIP  my treasure,

"I was ten but"  But what?  You've left out the remainder of that sentence Zelda.

Most of us will admit to crying at times - whether it be tears of joy or sadness at what is gone - age is irrelevant.

It's called being human.

"I was ten but"  But what?  You've left out the remainder of that sentence Zelda.

Most of us will admit to crying at times - whether it be tears of joy or sadness at what is gone - age is irrelevant.

It's called being human.

but i grew up :P

you obvoiusly didnt its a bloody horses race woman !

heavens help you if soenthing bad or sad ever happensed :blink: