RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Todamax101

McEvoy parts ways with Godolphin

When I saw JMac on sessions on the weekend I told my mate John O'Shea was playing with fire... He seemed to have been riding a lot of second stringers lately so it certainly doesn't surprise me. O'Shea will certainly want to have a decent spring to keep his job!

O'Shea will be short term, the oil merchants won't stand for mediocrity and that's what is being served up out at W Farm, it was always going to end in tears……..J Macca is and was a special, a standout, he should be able then to see what is coming. The young fella should spend some time in HK and then UK/France…….he's got a lifetime in front of him, probably the best NZ has produced, since LO anyways, maybe JFH, MRC, G Hughes and co may ague and well so…….but this is about O'Shea, and losing a wonderful jock and person in Kieran…….ahh, aint hindsight a wonderful thing?

When I saw JMac on sessions on the weekend I told my mate John O'Shea was playing with fire... He seemed to have been riding a lot of second stringers lately so it certainly doesn't surprise me. O'Shea will certainly want to have a decent spring to keep his job!

Yeah, O'Shea has a different policy to the past in that a rider needs to stick with a horse right through a campaign (James with Sarajevo for example), meaning that Kerrin was always destined for fewer plum mounts.

They wont loose anything with replacing there stable rider with James Mac, he is a freak.

Joe Pride would of been my first pick to replace Peter Snowden.

Godolphin wont take long to replace John OShea if the production line don't start getting the results  :o

Just to keep the record straight. KMcEvoy will still be riding for Godolphin. The Organisation has given O'Shea the nod to not have a "retained" jockey - just as they have done in the UK. He will be using a number of Jocks (incl) KM but there is no No 1 rider on retainer. JMCD is not the new No 1 rider.

I think a few posters on this thread went off half-cocked re KMcEvoy and Godolphin. He hasn't been replaced and will ride plenty for them as he did today. Also, the comments re O'Shea are a bit mischievous. He's a very good trainer. Whether he achieves the G1 level of Snowden will depend on the cattle he's provided with.