RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Tiger woods

Well ,what's the thinking here? He's pain free shot par in preperation around congressional and seems raring to go,been a few months and we can surely expect improvement(bar further injury) but with only the best working with him he may surprise a few....I missed a big payday in this last year when both my boys choked up leading but I'm going again at odds...Romero and Driscoll !

He's got to be one of the best long bunker shot players going around,the pga have a top 4 not qualified in top 12 running in the these events leading up to open championship....Romeros now in so the tab can expect a few multis running in for a big payout,shawn steffani showed he's not to far inferior but again succumb to the aqua,finding the water and doubling while leading cost him a win around this time last year but is going from strength to strength.wins at short notice... Romeros -3 was the low last round so not having an australian tab acc cost me thousands.

Kaymer...take the 9s and run,le national suits his style and eye,andy Sullivan,howell,luiten,siem,jaidee spec top 5s into the greenbrier...tough field again on a tricky track....you can spec a few here and not get close but reed after last weeks choke will be tough,dark horse is Peter Hanson,showing glimpses of good form after injury and this time last was playing well but had to withdraw injured,Romero always dangerous and tim wilkinson is becoming mr consistency...Daniel summerhays other watch.more luck required here this week

Rain in West Virginia made it a little easier for some with some good scores early ,defending champ blixt turned around some recent awful form to post -6 ahead of a small group on -5,no more rain in the forecast so the course will play tougher as the tournament progresses...blixt leading should be very hard to beat.....kaymer...terrible start in France,3 over through his opening two holes but rallied to shoot 72,just 9 back from dangerous American Kevin stadler,he may love the course (first time in France)but he hasn't seen her teeth yet with his bogey free -7 round,siems new born baby is creating some sleepless nights but he still produced his trademark pin point iron play to record a 65(par 71)and if he can get his rest will be tough for kaymer to get past,bjorn and duibusson had horror rounds although bjorn rallied late after consecutive double bogeys starting on the back nine to finish with a 76...12 off the pace but you can never write the Danish freak off,may be worth throwing in your 3- ball multis tonight

They did state (pga)top 4 and ties in the top 12 at the quicken loans are exempt for open championship(not already exempt)...Romero finished tied with steel(Todd already exempt)and they cut Romero as Steele had the better world ranking(112-230)1 spot....crock....kaymer 20-1 now at le national,far from out of it,siem 8-1 and the two best value close are Marc warren and roope kakko,well worth a spec multi

Claret jug time..hoylake... Woods wins 06

Last time here with a masterclass of accuracy leading fairways and greens for the week and par 5 scoring... Course is playing longer now,( by 54 yards :) )ast three winners over 40 with the average winning age creeping from 33 to 38 as a result...rain is forecast early rounds particularly Friday where the wind looks to be around 20 km/hr,I would suggest keeping a close eye on Thursday Fridays forecast closer to time to look for a tee time bias....early picks. Zach Johnson superb at the John Deere as usual and it took what I thought the best performance from a first time pga winner to hold him out ( 11-1 Saturday :) )from Brian harman,looks to have hit top form and plays links very well 50-1 /10-1 top 5 will do nicely but the 13s best U.S finish is overs...there have been some interesting players showing up this year but the form of kristofer broberg is interesting,he had one nightmare hole in France which deflated his bid before giving Justin rose a fright in Scotland,puts in some big hours on the practice tee...there are numerous players who have been hitting low numbers but not putting 4 rounds together who should be respected...Danny Willet,Stephen Gallagher and felipe Aguilar the most notable and the most resurgent player this year is Robert karlsson..big watch...the par 5s look key so the big hitters can atone if they can get accurate...best but most erratic player on the European tour thomas bjorn fits recent winning profile,and rose...3 in a row ? Has only been achieved a few times but has looked superb...thoughts?.....almost forgot chris wood! Still smarting from his loss to Darren Clarke pre clarkes last open win...rose and wood looked destined to win an open after excellent Amatuer performances...ziggy your boy fowlers going brilliantly and likes these links

No real surprises on the leaderboard with the morning session providing benign conditions which created a +24 versus +80 difference from the unfortunates later...weather and draw looks to play an important role again tomorrow IF forecasts are correct,they are saying thunderstorms,isolated showers with wind increases during for morning session,obviously some may play ok through this but there looks to be distinct advantage for the late tees playing in partly cloudy conditions lighter wind with more receptive greens....bjorn is one that looks dangerous after a bogey free opener along with Stephen Gallagher,but Rory mcilroy is perfectly slotted(speith ?) and after seeing his first round 66 that could of easily been 63 he could find himself with a commanding lead ...2nd round hoodoo? I think he left enough out there in the first round to satisfy the golf gods...5-1 ...long way to go but possibly 2-1 with a 5/6 shot lead after tomorrow

Fowler,Garcia,tiger and furyk have placed well also,tiger looked all out yesterday so not overly confident of another lowish round,but hey this is the course he won fresh after his fathers death so some powerful medicine may be at work..un eventful first round but we should see some fireworks round 2 :)

Rory looked real good ,he loves soft ground with high trajectory missiles . Some of his approach shots were superb . I like Speith, he can be brilliant at times but I would go with an older head around this links course. Woods looks a bit tight , especially at the tee.  

Im not a great fan of him but Michelson is due for some form, not a great first round tho. One I do like is Furyk ,nice to see unorthodox prevail againsted the odds,and he is in the mix early.

I'm sticking with my favourites.....Scott and Stenson. Done alright out of Rose in his past 2 tourneys & have a donation on him as well.

I'm a big Speith fan and like Furyk but not this time... IMO. Rory will weaken....Tiger....who cares.

Weather forecast completely wrong,looks like Rory's rooted now they're saying 35 mph in arvo........didn't happen ,first forecast spot on! 36 holes with changeable weather and a good looking leaderboard lining up behind the champ. Will take a supreme effort to beat him,was long over the pins on 3occasions after being out of place off the tee but otherwise very accurate and never far from any of the flags,putter was good but like the first round left plenty out there which bodes well going forward

Went down to take the 5s to win but when I saw the 3-1 for second round leader I almost fell over. Almost identical to the 6-1 mistake they made with bubba in masters second round. :) not forgetting the 5-1 after kaymer lead players. Tab very generous

Tiger back to a course he loves...11 million won at Bridgestone and if there was ever a course to show form this is it...Scott unlucky in British open and will be very tough! ...stableford comp in renoe the barracuda, my boy Romero loves this format and the course ,get on! Some good roughies here teater and Charlie wi who played well in Canada. Nice weekend ahead

Woods what can you say. To come out of all this then beat half of the best going around fresh up class is permanent,I noticed his masters odds halved which may be premature it's no wonder his body was breaking down that swing is intense, he will need to manage his game and events meticulously to get longevity for these majors. Hope he gets it done:)