RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Berri's challenge --yearling selection

My first selection , now named Mission Accompli has had two trial starts for two wins. The second one , a Roc de Cambes filly came second at the trials earlier this week. Third one hasn't got a listed trainer yet !

Thanks Breeder. sure does look good.

Berri was going to keep track of our choices? But I think he was only baiting swynford.

Shame. If it was that easy these pedigree buffs would be winning everything.

thanks Trakdap.   yes he was just baiting me, i'm aware of 1080.

Shame as we both have so much to contribute,  both type and pedigree are equally important, but understanding either is probably something that none of us will ever accomplish. 

About the pedigree buffs winning everything, Kevin Hickman New Zealand Owner / Breeder of the Year, and out and out pedigree man,   or perhaps worth a read, John Bromley's article in The Informant, 

Swynford

Re the John Bromley article --I presume you mean the paper version of the Informant. Any chance of scanning it and posting it here. The places I can get the Informant have either sold out or it has not arrived when I ask, so I gave up trying to get it.( It never arrives at reasonably set time)

I was not baiting Swynford. I was asking him to post a pedigree based on what ever he thought was good BEFORE it raced to see whether his theories worked. I followed his posts with interest but when I integorated his theories I became lost because his explanations seemed to change when the shoe didn't fit the foot.

I will start to post the results and maybe I'll start this years version before the season starts

Berri,

I now get where you are coming from.

It is easy to be wise after the event, enough said.

Lloyd,

Your day will come, nicely bred.

Thanks Berri, Are you starting this year as well?

Berri.  If you are running another this year my selections are as follows:-

Premier sale..

Lot 31 savabeel - Lego filly Te Akau $200K

Select Sale ;- Lot 776 Testa Rossa - Victoria Belle filly Go Racing  $55K

My Festival sale one I will have to find my notes.

Found notes.

Lot 1077 colt Jimmy Choux - Miss Alini $37K NZB as agent

Last year started June, well before the new season, so no excuses there.

It would have  been nice to see those with all the pedigree advise on this breeding forum post their choices, but they have a chance this year to redeem themselves.

Good luck all.

Swynford

Re the John Bromley article --I presume you mean the paper version of the Informant. Any chance of scanning it and posting it here. The places I can get the Informant have either sold out or it has not arrived when I ask, so I gave up trying to get it.( It never arrives at reasonably set time)

Sorry Breeder I have spent ages trying to do this but still no luck.

the article spoke about John Bromelys luck as an owner and breeder in 12 years of racing.

The most recent being  Tauranga G2 Japan International Trophy winner Julinsky Prince,

How he has enjoyed over 100 wins as an owner and breeder. How he was part owner  (10 percent)  of Darci Brahma, and owned half of Princess Coup. winner of $4.2 in prize money.

And to quote his words  " But every success I have now is quite poignant given that Clive Harper died more than three years ago. He was my mentor and inspiration. He was the one who gave me the ticks for Princess Coup and Darci Brahma. He was so influential in my career and a huge part of my success," 

Sorry Breeder I have spent ages trying to do this but still no luck.

the article spoke about John Bromelys luck as an owner and breeder in 12 years of racing.

The most recent being  Tauranga G2 Japan International Trophy winner Julinsky Prince,

How he has enjoyed over 100 wins as an owner and breeder. How he was part owner  (10 percent)  of Darci Brahma, and owned half of Princess Coup. winner of $4.2 in prize money.

And to quote his words  " But every success I have now is quite poignant given that Clive Harper died more than three years ago. He was my mentor and inspiration. He was the one who gave me the ticks for Princess Coup and Darci Brahma. He was so influential in my career and a huge part of my success,"

Do you know the number of horses he has raced to achieve these results? I know that Princess Coup was purchased on type first, pedigree next. I know Ray Coupland and have talked with him about Princess Coup so there are no "manipulated" stories to suit in that camp. Whenever anyone has an agenda, unfortunately they manage to adjust the content to suit the agenda.

I asked you Swynford to do something really simple and that was to nominate a yearling, based on your pedigree analysis, that hadn't yet raced, and divulge to us what it is so that we can track your theory. I'm not maliciously asking that you do this, more in terms of discovery in respect of your theories. Quite simple really. You going to take the bait?