RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Questions for the Minister of Racing

If Cubes was a high profile interviewer type person he would like to ask the following questions on one of those Q and A shows on the box .

1 Who are you and what is your name ?

2 When did you develop a disinterest in Racing....where you born with not interest or is this something that has bored you recently ?

3 As Minister of Primary Industries you zapped yourself with an electric fence live on TV...was that fun ?

4 You seem to grin a lot and talk in clichés and never answer the question...is this related to point 3 above ?

5 Cubes has never seen you on a racetrack or heard you say anything ever meaningful about Thoroughbred Racing...who are you and what is your name again ?

Cubes always wanted to meet a real live politician but even better an actual Minister .....wow...imagine that !!!

It would appear hard for Cubes to meet the Minister of Racing as we are not sure he/she actually exists .

Maybe if we knew all race meetings he/she was planning to attend this year then Cubes could say "Gidday !"

Not in a weird creepy kinda way ,but more like in a "Nice to meet you " kinda way .

So we guess this post is for the Minister of Racing's secretary......must be some sort of diary somewhere....how many race meetings are in the calendar for this awesome politician ???

Give him a break, he's probably busy on that working group to stop offshore betting "leakage" that he kept ranting on about before and after the election and said was his number one priority.  Come to think of it, I'm sure he said that group would be formed prior to Christmas - hows that going and what idiots have been appointed to that group to waste a bunch more money that could be much better spent elsewhere?

I hear that he making a guest appearance at the Levin A& P show this weekend. I am told that every year he performs the role of a clown at the side show alley where you have to throw ping pong balls into the clown's mouth.

What better way to meet your constituents

I hear that he making a guest appearance at the Levin A& P show this weekend. I am told that every year he performs the role of a clown at the side show alley where you have to throw ping pong balls into the clown's mouth.

What better way to meet your constituents

Ha! - I know the clowns of which you speak - they smile, move their heads from side to side and have their mouths perpetually open - but nothing comes out.

Ha! - I know the clowns of which you speak - they smile, move their heads from side to side and have their mouths perpetually open - but nothing comes out.

Heh :) we can stuff things into their mouths though and not just ping pong balls.

Here's motivation ............clubs... put in requests... especially if it relates to the safety of the punting dollar, the safety of income of owners, trainers and jockeys and the safety relating to the survival of any racecourses in NZ  :)

Over $700,000 allocated to racecourse safety

Racing Minister Nathan Guy has announced that 25 projects to improve safety at racecourses across New Zealand will be receiving grants worth $703,596. 

The money is coming from the Racing Safety Development Fund which provides $1 million annually to racecourse safety, with matching dollar-for-dollar contributions from racing clubs.

“This year’s first funding round has supported a wide range of infrastructure projects including safety running rails, new starting gates, toilet facilities upgrades, and a greyhound kennel block extension,” says Mr Guy.

“The fund continues to make a major contribution to the safety of the racing industry for animals, industry participants and the public.”

The next funding round for 2014/15 will open on 1 February 2015 with applications closing on 30 March 2015.

“I encourage all racing clubs, and the respective code bodies, to take advantage of this funding if they have safety issues that need to be addressed.”

Cubes is excited as can be !!!!!

All the thoroughbreds have a birthday pretty soon and the shitty , cold winter is behind us , and great puntingness is gonna be had at Riccarton on Saturday .

Cubes is sure we will finally meet Lord Nathan Guy 'cause surely the Minister of Racing won't wanna miss such a historic occasion as the Winter Cup .

Come to thunk of it , Cubes has been to 87 race meetings in the last 3 years and never , ever , Trevor seen the aforementioned .

He must be off  being busy doing a great job with the dairy industry .

I think he goes to the New Zealand Cup meeting Cubes so maybe you can catch up with him there.  Pops in for a little bit to watch the race and then pops out again, I think.  Actually I don't know if he watches the race that closely, as I think I remember him saying after the 2013 Cup that he was a bit worried when Terror To Love went away so well, when the horse actually broke at the start.

However Ian says that Nathan is 'taking a real interest'. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/wanganui-chronicle/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503422&objectid=11360871

Nathan Guy's appointment as Racing Minister was a perfect expression of John Key's rat cunning.

"Racing people supported Winston at a previous election.  If they are going to do that I will foist Nathan Guy upon them."

Maurice Williamson would know more about riding classy sprinters in track gallops than Nathan Guy ever would.

Nathan Guy probably thinks that a caslick is the sutures in an orthodontal operation on Cameron Slater.  Well, it is stitching up a cxxx.

Nathan Guy's appointment as Racing Minister was a perfect expression of John Key's rat cunning.

"Racing people supported Winston at a previous election.  If they are going to do that I will foist Nathan Guy upon them."

Maurice Williamson would know more about riding classy sprinters in track gallops than Nathan Guy ever would.

Nathan Guy probably thinks that a caslick is the sutures in an orthodontal operation on Cameron Slater.  Well, it is stitching up a cxxx.

Classic!