RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dustydreamnz

Why do trainers...

i think you're on to something as you see many trainers doing that to down grade dogs.

the whole selection process is a joke in some regions as it doesn't reward consistency.

i have a bitch who was unplaced at her last start however prior to that either won or was placed at fourteen consecutive starts in c5 but hasn't been able to secure a draw in a c5 for the past 6 meetings at auckland.

there needs to be one national policy.

i have the same problem with not getting a start for my c5 bitch. we need a national policy

I think even with a National Policy there will always be related problems.Racing was at its best when clubs were granted more than the 12 races so maybe this needs to be looked into by the Greyhound Association. Funding for these extra races should not be used as an excuse as there is plenty coming in at present..   

Our dog Percentage Man (named after one of his owner's with the same name because of his betting habits) has been retired this week, while still graded c4. Could have kept going and going til he got right down in the grades, but what's the point when they are telling you they are past their best? Mind you, the way things are he wasn't getting starts anyway. I agree clarkie, it is only harder now there are never 14 or more races per meeting, less classes get catered for at any one meeting.