RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
merv o brien

The Racing Manager

Any product for animal consumption that is imported into New Zealand is illegal if it is not registered in NZ under the Animal Remedies Act.  I trust that this was !!

I brought some Methionine tablets over some years ago and had them confiscated.  You can buy them here now.  A leading  trainer sent me a large pack of worm tablets over but I could not collect them because there brand was not registered here under the Act.

We learn as we go !!

I don't know if it's legal to use in nz or not.they didn't say it wasn't .

this might help  

ADVISORY - CANINE EPO

Advisory notice to ALL TRAINERS - issued jointly by the New Zealand Greyhound Racing Association (NZGRA)and the Racing Integrity Unit (RIU) regarding the use of the product CANINE EPO

The RIU has today advised NZGRA of significant concerns relating to this product and some of the claims made in advertisements promoting its use, and more particularly, its safety.

The product advertising makes numerous claims with respect to the benefits CANINE EPO will provide but one claim of significance is that the product is “Safe, legal and effective”

The RIU has firm ground to believe that the product is not “safe” in the context of drug testing as is claimed, but instead contains substances which could give rise to a positive drug test result.

The RIU has become aware of CANINE EPO being both marketed (via web sites and magazine advertisements) and supplied (by way of importation from overseas) to the New Zealand greyhound racing industry and we strongly advise caution when dealing with this product.

Finally, we draw your attention to the matter of importation of any remedy or product from overseas countries: This being that while a product may be legally allowed in one country it does not necessarily follow that it is in New Zealand. To this end any person contemplating such importation should first check with the Ministry of Primary Industries to ensure that the correct protocols have been established for that products use in New Zealand.

Should you have any questions regarding the above then please contact;

Malcolm Jansen Ross Neal Nigel McIntyre

NZGRA Veterinary Advisor Co-Chief Stipendiary Steward Co-Chief Stipendiary Steward

(027) 492 7394 (0274) 444 951 (021) 190 1908

I take that last post back Gary as I believe that tests done in Aus. have revealed caffeine in unopened bottles regardless of the manufacturers claims.

mike still waiting for reply on who did these tests

I take that last post back Gary as I believe that tests done in Aus. have revealed caffeine in unopened bottles regardless of the manufacturers claims.

this was quote earlier mike  where then did you hear tests where done

I heard the so called interview and that's exactly what the manager was saying.the manufacturer stated that no caffeine was in their product but when' tests were done it was found in there.bit hard to blame the trainer I would have thought.

zim  did they say there was tests done and who conducted interview

And there-in lies the problem. Nobody knows anything. Duh

no we know the manufacturer denies caffeine being in product bit so far we have allegations caffeine was found but from whom ,it doesn't really matter, you cant use the product unless it has been approved

The point I am making Gary is who in your opinion has to approve the substance is legal to use?

also mike I am still waiting for info on those test you alluded to earlier thanks

perhaps if you read posts 27 and 28 that may help

Applying for and gaining a license to import a substance into NZ is not the same as getting approval to use it on a racing greyhound. No one gives approval the proof is on racedays when you turn up drug free. No one gives us approval to give anything. The subject of this thread was the positive swabs not if anyone had applied to mpi to import it.

As for your second request, I said I believe that tests done in aus etc...... why I believe that is neither here nor there. I still believe that. I f you do not believe that you are able to give your opinion as well. 

point it is the product it not legal in nz you can dance anyway you like around it but that is fact ,as to your reply second request  you shouldn't make comments about I believe tests have been done if your not willing to support those facts  or is this just hearsay

Further testing of epocanine in nsw has found this product contains caffeine,according to riu boss who spoke on radio trackside today with Peter early

I cant understand why they just don't say when and where and how the tests were done

now whose telling  the truth riu or the mob that makes the product    

ReceiFrom: dcarroll@brlscience.com Date: 10/07/2013 9:11:30 AM

To: kblakemore@bigpond.com Subject: EPO-Canine

I assure you that we do not add caffeine to any of our products. We market EPO-Boost, EpoEquine and EPO-Canine and have 1000s of athletes, horses, dogs, racing pigeons and have never had an animal test positive for any drug or caffeine.

EPO-Boost and EPO-Canine are identical formulations.

Our products are tested and certified to be free of any banned substances through the Banned Substances Control Group EXTERNAL LINK . Dr. Catlin's reputation is based on his 26 years of experience at the forefront of anti-doping research and testing. He founded the UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory in 1982 and oversaw the drug testing at the 1984 Summer Olympic Games in Los Angeles. This was the first IOC-accredited lab in the United States and only the fourth in the world. Under his 25-year stewardship as director, the UCLA Olympic Lab gained WADA accreditation and grew to become the world's largest testing facility. At the lab, Dr. Catlin oversaw the testing for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, the 1994 Soccer World Cup, and the testing of anabolic agents at the 1996 Summer Games in Atlanta. He has also performed testing on behalf of the U.S. Olympic Committee, NCAA, Major League Baseball's minor leagues, and the National Football League.

Commitment to Quality, Purity and Safety: Every ingredient in EPO Canineâ„¢ has been thoroughly researched and tested to ensure its safety, efficacy and potency. We use the latest technology and production capabilities available only at our FDA-registered production facility in the United States. We have uncompromising high standards and only use the highest quality ingredients. We employ the latest technological advancements in the production of all of our products.

The FDA’s official standards of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) are upheld in all of our operations and our facility has received independent cGMP verification.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Debbi Carroll

800-557-9055

Biomedical Research Laboratories - PO Box 8737 - La Jolla - 92038

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG EXTERNAL LINK Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 3204/6475 - Release Date: 07/08/13

ved this today for anyone's reference!

Obviously someone has it wrong Garry it will be interesting to see how it all come about, You would think the RIU would have had verified their evidence before going into print .

one would think if someone gets a positive and its proven caffeine is in product,,  the company may well be sued

Garry I may have to retract that comment as well as I am aware of another instance where the 2ic of the RIU went to the press with a statement that was untrue

perhaps ill shoot them an email to confirm where they were done

Obviously someone has it wrong Garry it will be interesting to see how it all come about, You would think the RIU would have had verified their evidence before going into print .

mike a comment from another website may shed a little bit of light on subject  ........    have heard the test showed a very minute trace of a metabolite of caffeine not caffeine. The trace amount shown was from the sample of the product it self. I am told the amount present would in it self not affect the performance of the dog nor would it pass through the system to the extent of being present in either the blood or the urine. Who knows