RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

masters time !!

looking to be one of the best masters in years,woods back to top form,mcilroy finding form at the right time in texas,mickleson blazing early in year as was snedeker,schwartzel looking like hes nearing peak,kuchar,dustin Johnson blazing with the putter at Houston,stenson,choi,cabrera,cink, Michael Thompson,points,furyk all playing well recently and of course martin laird who fired a -9 last round :huh:  to get in the backdoor, and still may of left out the winner...and I did :rolleyes: ....lee westwood!!  finally settled into his new home in florida over looking the 14th green at  his local course,his short game is looking superb,his bunker play looks sharp hes 40 in a few weeks and his last round at Houston oozed class....get on,interesting to note when mickleson beat him he had 93 putts :wacko:  to phils 77 after 3 rounds,shows how  insane phils short game was and how lee was struggling to get anything to drop with his putter...yet he was only 4 shots adrift at the time!....no major win :( ... ten top 3 finishs in majors without winning,but his form here in the last three years looks to have  icebreaking potential,the two best tee to green in the world are both winless in majors,sergio Garcia being the other(adam scott ?), almost went -30 under :blink:  when winning at his home spanish course last year and surely must be in the mix......as George :ph34r:  would say..'lets bring it on' !! :)  :)

lee westwood just cant seem to breakthrough,very consistent and had golden opportunity at wentworth but  couldn't get the job done..i see hes in at memorial tomorrow a tournament he hasn't played in last four years, players who seem to lift here who are worth a few $$ are Bryce molder,ricky barnes and scott stallings,the latter was in contention last week and bombed a short chip trying to be cute costing him a double...punt 1st round leader...stallings 80-1 barnes 100-1 and Jason day at 50-1 who is teeing off 1st .....rose, westwood and Donald are backing up from wentworth so will be interesting to see how they fare,particularly Donald who had a shocker as defending champion last week.......alex noren looks huge at bro hoff slot,knows the course like the back of his hand and finding form, 15-1 restrictive but multied up could work ok,closed at 5.20pm...take notes for tomorrows market

kyle Stanley was very good and matt jones showing up,was a good man to lead tournaments a few years back but dropped off the radar...I got a touch greedy and anchored noren to win with stallings,rose,molder, barnes and driscoll top 5..thought the payday was coming but the consistent ilonen threw a spanner in the works.....webb simpson has form on the board at merion for u.s open so will be keen to get on backing up last years open win..50 into 40 and expect this to trim a touch more....westwood is the concern...one day soon he will back up a few wins

Austrian open and st jude classic this week.....joost luiten and Damien mcgrane here,mcgrane is building to something big,was known for his first round play before going off boil but last few weeks hes looked solid,luiten should of won this when beaten by Kenny ferrie,his iron shot into the last was a little hot and he left himself too much to do but played better than the eventual winner who had the golfn gods on his side..............st jude im going davis love,the back surgery looks successful and he is playing some attractive golf,this course suits.jacobsen likes it here and for a few outside the square flores and the hard to catch harris English who will win one at short notice...good luck

ive done all the study,course overview, players press conferences,looked at the weather reports ,and tried to break down which nine would be an advantage as the starting point...mcilroy seemed to think 1-6 tough 7-13 birdie opps then 14-18 hold onto your hats...on that premise and with rain forecast early afternoon im going 10th tee early...dustin Johnson as a potential leader,there are a lot of good players within the next four or five groups but im pickn keegan who has a good leaders record along with Sergio who has a bit to prove after the chicken remarks(big deal)...front nine starters who look potentials are lucas glover who has a wet open win already to his name and the interesting marcel siem who could be the bolter...simon khan also looks a very dark horse and the conditions will suit the europeans id say a little more than the local brigade....overall it looks an open open and not many are sticking their necks out predicting what it will take to win...accuracy and wedge play seem the common theme but very few from the stats charts have succeded in us opens to date and on a course like merion it seems anything can happen.....overall im picking the two with course history webb and rickie,who played well at augusta but we may see a few bolters showing unless the weather favours the early morning crossover into the second round particularly from the early groups on 10 in day one..5am viewing tom morning ,cant wait

I let my vast knowledge get in the way last week in the punters club, and my fav player gareth maybin slotted a shared 5 to cut me down von...pissed me right off......there is so many form players this year it gives you a headache trying to sort it all out....I like Thomas bjorn ,has gone close on quite a few occasions and is in a good vein of form,very unlucky not to beat els in Germany and plays links superbly,els is in similar form but seems to  struggle when the pressure goes on ,will grind out a finish and have those who punted him biting their fingernails to the quick.branden grace has a knack of holding form so the 2nd last week could be a pre cursor for something special...then there is the usual suspects...mickleson,day,woods,rose,westwood fresh from a  3 week freshener, and garcia who leaves you scratching your head...tough....ive gone 3x3x3 best finishes  westwood bjorn garcia/ fowler mickleson woods /grace els and jaidee  and In the 3 balls ive taken Henley /stenson/ marcus fraser who looked the 3 standouts for $40 ($270)...speiths last minute inclusion may be the difference with Henley playing some nice recent golf,stensons accuracy off the tee and fraser has been very solid,with a good record in opening rounds...................who do you reckon??????

kaymers going ok,its always the way at these opens the old sly dogs surprise everytime,not a good start for me von,bjorn battled back well from early double but dropped 3 shots in last 3 holes,still capable of going low so the 40 bux top 5 is fairly inviting...another interesting player is Thomas aiken,has played some solid links golf and has a high finish in a pga invitational so the 30 there may be worth  a sniff,not to mention the 150-1 to win !! :rolleyes: ...stensons 1.65 did look the best 3 ball but Henley turned up half pissed and was blown away by the highly touted speith...they were saying mcilroy was practicing with easterlies so whether that makes him a chance to turn around that first round shocker and beat phil and the jap is anyones guess with easterlies forecast for 2nd round.....always interesting day 2 and someone will make a move from 2 or 3 over to get into the fray at odds...can the leaders consolidate?will we see 8 or 9 under lead the 2nd round or will the course balance out the early rounds?...im guessing a 6 under leader with zac making little progress on his 5 under.....why did he not take his medicine and play out from behind the tree instead of going for it in the playoff last week?hes got god in  his corner but I cant see him in the top 5

I noticed woody Austin won the sanderson farms...name from the past,last time in contention choked down very hard and said so publicly,was a great interview..good on him ,been a fair while in the doldrums...phil back to back,crazy..started the year playing amazing but turned up at masters with d game,been a long time since a 1/2 in consecutive weeks...woods?..most would of piled on but looks like his days dominating majors are over...tough course 

Canadian and Russian opens this week.........box up,damien mcgrane,jb Hansen,lundberg,doak and rockie......kyle Stanley,summerhays,stallings,dustin and mcgirt....driscoll could be the bolter for early lead has gone -8 in the past ,Nathan green likes it here and has leaders credentials...tommy Fleetwood mcgrane to lead in Russia...any ideas ??

this Russian open must have the odd landmine,bjorn akesson landed 5 birdies down the back but posted a 10 on the par 4 13th,then Damien mcgrane who looked to be building towards a good result somehow took 12 on the par 5 8th then birdied 9..crazy...course is playing tough overall and may be right up Michael campbells alley..-1 through 3 on a course that will give you a black eye in the blink of an eye

Masters tees off soon.......players teeing off within the first two hours don't have a great record leading(last 3/4 years)I'm assuming the cooler air plays a role with distance control (?)lack of green traffic may counter in saying that, the big guns Garcia,day,westwood,phil have drawn more suitable afternoon tee times so that's where I'm looking and I had a crazy dream last night which somehow included watney going low and leading,he's done nothing lately to suggest this can happen but hey at 80 worth a few bucks...I think day will win and the usual suspects Garcia,,westwood Scott and phil shouldn't be far away....long shot Scott stallings and expect to see Fred couples produce his normal solid masters effort .cant wait

Well that was a cock-up,wind picked up later and favoured morning group! ...they have a 2nd round lead option,wind is supposed to double in speed from 6mph to 12 mph after lunch so Louis and bubba will have edge..8 and 6-1 respectively...others with morning opportunity leislman,kuchar watney and Stenson but they will need bubba and Louis to choke up...the odds are juicy 100+ ,have they got a 65 in them?

Dynamiting fish. 6-1 for fun. You see specials like that once in a blue moon,interesting times ahead now as bubba is notorious for being a dicey leader. Senden loves slick greens and is tough near the lead and you have the usual suspects 7 back but not forlorn...westwood has a low round in him,way way overdue! Garcia and mickleson went missing!

He just can't get it done,dropped 3 shots in four holes early and that was it,no one applied any pressure to bubba who always had speith covered,blixt was solid and with a touch of luck was goin close,kuchar just can't handle pressure..bubba was solid and never looked like losing..Scott,day mcilroy and co fought ok after getting out of touch and the mechanic produced another top effort...all in all an average masters and not overly exciting

Well said. Bubs has broken through the barrier so he could hit them in a row,last time he led he was awful so this is impressive,I noticed huh close in South Carolina which is a bolt from the blue after some impressive efforts last season,he wins and look for harman to bounce back from 3rd round slump

Wells Fargo this week,they have changed their greens to ultradwarf Bermuda and have moved two of their positions but I'm liking last years winner Derek Ernst here,had terrible form leading in last year before beating David Lynn in a playoff (Lynn was in career form)for his first pga win at 22yrs,can't knock course winning form and lead the field in driving accuracy and greens last week...and at 300-1 /60-1 top 5 you don't have to put much on !!! Lee westwood looks well placed after winning Malaysia,and had two top 5s last few showings here.interesting comp.....singapore open at Laguna first time they've played here in years,based on Scottish links so Richie Ramsay and fleetwood automatic thoughts,as is Ross fisher who has form here along with liang wen chong...multi up and thank me Monday:)

Wells Fargo this week,they have changed their greens to ultradwarf Bermuda and have moved two of their positions but I'm liking last years winner Derek Ernst here,had terrible form leading in last year before beating David Lynn in a playoff (Lynn was in career form)for his first pga win at 22yrs,can't knock course winning form and lead the field in driving accuracy and greens last week...and at 300-1 /60-1 top 5 you don't have to put much on !!! Lee westwood looks well placed after winning Malaysia,and had two top 5s last few showings here.interesting comp.....singapore open at Laguna first time they've played here in years,based on Scottish links so Richie Ramsay and fleetwood automatic thoughts,as is Ross fisher who has form here along with liang wen chong...multi up and thank me Monday:)

You seem to know your stuff more here Gruffy...unlike league :D Agree with Fleetwood or Fisher at Laguna. I like Furyk and Rickie in the Wells Fargo. Wie (has to have the best set of pins on tour!) to take out the North Texas LPGA event.

A few lipped putts and one bad hole a round and your on the cut line as you well know ziggy so punting golf is tough,but they are in control of their own destinys unlike adjudicated sport. The league this year is farcical but I'm leading our local comp so can't complain...how long will the new warriors coach last once they get back to normal? Martin kaymer overdue and Webb Simpson lives up the road so 4x4,$16 win/top5 will give you a sniff for $32.good luck with your picks