RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
The claimer

What is a fair winning Stake?

I would like to receive some feedback on what people think is an acceptable winning stake.

My reason for posting, is to get an idea on what owners should expect to receive before they are handicapped for a win.

Am I wrong to think that clubs find it easy to include claimer conditions for races (which, in the main, I don't have a problem with) and these claiming conditions seem basically uniform across the country, but clubs seem reluctant to do the same for winning or lifetime stakes as part of the conditions.

Am I on the wrong bandwagon???

what ever it has cost to get horse that point...including purchase price.otherwise a nice ribeye or t thanx

Well I assume you have never raced a horse, as if so, you would know that there is no chance of getting anywhere near what it has cost you to get a horse that far

it would be a huge step forward to have Tues meets and low grade meets (Manawatu, Timaru etc) as half a penalty i.e. 2 wins at these meets equals a one win penalty. Of course it would then be fair to have those meets stakes reduced comparatively which would a huge asset to some of those struggling clubs. Would extend the competitive life of the lower grade horse somewhat and give the "battler" more opportunity.

euen better ...shoot the battler...stop low stake low class midweekers...increase normal meet stakes.....regulate number of mares served each season also regulate numbers each stallion can service each season......

euen better ...shoot the battler...stop low stake low class midweekers...increase normal meet stakes.....regulate number of mares served each season also regulate numbers each stallion can service each season......

just kill the industry

just kill the industry

track meetings could be graded

Addington, Auckland -A grade Metro

with B grade on application for tuesday meets etc

All others B grade with option for A grade status on application for special days-eg A grade status for Harness Jewels or suitable stakes races etc.

B grade wins dont affect A grade ratings.

Claiming races or junior driver races penalty free.

:D

lol Don't be too harsh it's just a suggestion...

I was thinking along the lines of $6055 which is about the minimum win stake for Auckland Trotting Club.

A. Non winners

B. Winning stakes up to $6000

C. Wwinning stakes up to $12,000.

D. Winning stakes up to $18,000.

etc

The clubs could also choose between 'Actual or 'Handicapped' earnings.

We could do with some American-style programming as well.

Ie No Wins last 6 starts, PBD based on lifetime earnings.

I would go along with that however I would prefer no wins in last 10 starts as some wont try if it is only 6.......

track meetings could be graded

Addington, Auckland -A grade Metro

with B grade on application for tuesday meets etc

All others B grade with option for A grade status on application for special days-eg A grade status for Harness Jewels or suitable stakes races etc.

B grade wins dont affect A grade ratings.

Claiming races or junior driver races penalty free.

:D

lol Don't be too harsh it's just a suggestion...

Would at least be a step in the right direction if we can't have stake earnings as a condition in most races.

The NZ handicapping system needs a complete overhaul. It is the single biggest issue that the industry faces.

Something very similar to the Aust tiered handicapping system needs to be adopted, and soon!!

I would go along with that however I would prefer no wins in last 10 starts as some wont try if it is only 6.......

A little harsh don't you think. I don't think that thought would even occur to most trainers.

A little harsh don't you think. I don't think that thought would even occur to most trainers.

Maybe, but have a look at how some horses are driven in Tuesday type meetings and you might start to wonder as well.

Good to see you have added winning stakes as a condition in most of the eligible races.

Pity race 3 doesn't have winning stakes as a condition for each mark as well.

A real step in the right direction, in my opinion.

Keep that up, and I may even start sponsoring the odd race again.

The NZ handicapping system needs a complete overhaul. It is the single biggest issue that the industry faces.

Something very similar to the Aust tiered handicapping system needs to be adopted, and soon!!

I disagree. The single biggest issue is ridiculous stud fees driving foal crops down and down and doooooooooown.

This means less horses produced meaning smaller fields, less horses to fill meetings and less money wagered.

Less money for stakes, less returns for owners, so they don't breed or sell, just compounding the problem.

We have seen this year the abandondment of many meetings due to lack of horses and the subsequent effect of this on the bottom line and be read in the HRNZ Executive Meeting report.

Someone needs to start a movement to drive down service fees post haste.

just kill the industry

Nah it is on life surport now .....

Never before in its history has racing had the competion it has today for that entertainment or social dollar...within the sameish population...

Not worry tho you will still be able to watch racing via the web via aussie...

Hitler relives