RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pupg

lisa cropp

..is the eager to besmirch, TRACKSIDE!

..trying to bring more public disrepute to "racing"..with their dramatic annoucements variously, gingering up it's audience..with tantalisers using Cropp's name associated with having been stood down due to this irregularity.

Steve Davis kept orating what the producers or a 'feed' was saying..periodically into his earpeice, about more information shortly becoming available etc., it was a dramatic disgrace., All designed around 'payback' To her..of some malicious sort., all designed to show us just how bigger 'nuisance' she really 'is' to our industry etc.,

..a faction 'in there' or Out there...seemed to be hoping like Hell the banned substance would be in the stimulant category...i suppose!, so they could all say something like..":mad:SEE!"

What publicity seeking, public perverting trip are you tossers On!

...trying to get racing onto the six o'clock News Are We !

..what a bunch of didumses !

"Davis!...., STEVEN !, you're Better than that, and i Thought you Were ! "..."producers,'suits' and media medley minions., savour it temporarily;) "

..yes Alan., :y:Hesi onto it:|

It does sound pretty innocent and as you say Hedley, the usual media sensationalism, but you do have to wonder about Lisa Cropp.

A woman with a highly publicised drug history, allegedly forgetting to advise the stewards that she was on a regular prescription, for genuine medical reasons, for a banned drug.

Call it slack, call it unprofessional, call it stupid, whatever, but she is clearly her own worst enemy.

True. Wouldn't you think, jockeys would notify the authorities if they were taking medication of any sort? If it is purely innocent they have absolutely nothing to lose.

..is the eager to besmirch, TRACKSIDE!

..trying to bring more public disrepute to "racing"..with their dramatic annoucements variously, gingering up it's audience..with tantalisers using Cropp's name associated with having been stood down due to this irregularity.

Steve Davis kept orating what the producers or a 'feed' was saying..periodically into his earpeice, about more information shortly becoming available etc., it was a dramatic disgrace., All designed around 'payback' To her..of some malicious sort., all designed to show us just how bigger 'nuisance' she really 'is' to our industry etc.,

..a faction 'in there' or Out there...seemed to be hoping like Hell the banned substance would be in the stimulant category...i suppose!, so they could all say something like..":mad:SEE!"

What publicity seeking, public perverting trip are you tossers On!

...trying to get racing onto the six o'clock News Are We !

..what a bunch of didumses !

"Davis!...., STEVEN !, you're Better than that, and i Thought you Were ! "..."producers,'suits' and media medley minions., savour it temporarily]

It's the kiwi way Hedley.

Once you have knocked someone down, you put the boot in at every chance you get.

Hesi has it right, she is guilty of being stupid is all and I'm sure most of us have committed the crime of stupidity at some point.

Once you have knocked someone down, you put the boot in at every chance you get.

Hesi has it right, she is guilty of being stupid is all and I'm sure most of us have committed the crime of stupidity at some point.

Well no - she is actually guilty of breaking the rules of racing if she is found guilty.

She may be stupid to have done it, and yes we have all been that, but most of us don't do something stupid which leads to a suspension/fine/transgression of rules.

If you are trying to say it isn't performance enhancing then I would agree... Question I guess is whether it is dangerous or not...?

most likely so someone in procession of a banned substance can not give it to a horse.. or drop it in another jockeys drink ... and make them all sleepy juring a race...they ban everything they think will give someone else a clear advantage over others...maybe it would be ok if every rider in the race was on it.. then that would be fair....if this is in the racing rules... does that rule also apply tho the stewarts, and other officals? if they are on zopiclone and it is a banned substance and it is race day should they also no be stood down .. or am i just being silly?

Why is it banned?

Perhaps it has something to do with the danger a jockey will fall asleep on top of 500kg of horse during a race, and bring down half the field.

It's bad enough when they don't nod off, but "see" silver objects in the hands of the winning jockey after a big race.

She's guilty of being repeatedly stupid, manipulative and untrustworthy.

Why is it banned?

Not according to the article in the Bloodstock news today:-

Lisa Cropp was stood down from

rides at Sale on Wednesday

after a urine sample returned

an irregularity to a medication

substance. Cropp

check out the Racing Victoria website (link attached), I think you will find that Zopiclone is a banned substance

http://www.racingvictoria.net.au/p_Banned_Substances_for_Jockeys.aspx

and while doing some research in aid of this enlightened debate, check out the background on Zopiclone from the attached Wikipedia link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zopiclone#cite_note-55

check out the Racing Victoria website (link attached), I think you will find that Zopiclone is a banned substance

http://www.racingvictoria.net.au/p_Banned_Substances_for_Jockeys.aspx

and while doing some research in aid of this enlightened debate, check out the background on Zopiclone from the attached Wikipedia link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zopiclone#cite_note-55

Hmmm very interesting....???

The part that does not add up, is she has been done for drugs before, she was lucky to get given her licence back by the VRC and she is supposedly on a sleep medication, a prescription one at that, do you not think she would have been so careful to inform the authorities of every single med she was on??? So why didn't she, she must have known 100% that this was a requirement???

Here we go again a few race-cafers who suffer from small dick syndrome. This well all be cleaned up and Lisa well be back riding winners within the week. Stop and consider this. If you or a rider has a headach and takes paracodeine (brought off the self) and a sample is taken at the time this medication reaches it's full potency you to will return a positive,in fact you also if caught driving could loose yor license for driving under the influence.Please put your energies into more constructive things like the shooking mess NZ racing is in.Come on guys get a life. GO Lisa we love yah.

I dont know much but what I know is bloody important

of some of the people posting, is representative of the level of intelligence of people in the racing industry, then it is little wonder that the industry is in decline

Some of these here are like "dogs with bones" they wont let it go, little terriers !!

Nothing has become of anything and they are full of speculation, and as for this Steve Davis the cheeky little Bantam Rooster with his sensationalism of "breaking news" comments and passing his opinion on Trackside, isnt he a pathetic little Vulture just waiting,hovering and hoping to smash Lisa.

This Steve Davis really does get up my nose at times with his cheeky little bits of banter and his personal type childish funnies he slings from time to time.

I'm positive there will be nothing come out of this, Lisa will shine as always.

Some of these here are like "dogs with bones" they wont let it go, little terriers !!

Nothing has become of anything and they are full of speculation, and as for this Steve Davis the cheeky little Bantam Rooster with his sensationalism of "breaking news" comments and passing his opinion on Trackside, isnt he a pathetic little Vulture just waiting,hovering and hoping to smash Lisa.

This Steve Davis really does get up my nose at times with his cheeky little bits of banter and his personal type childish funnies he slings from time to time.

I'm positive there will be nothing come out of this, Lisa will shine as always.

Now now David, be careful. Steve will show his true professionalism and try and crack funnies about you while presenting on Trackside if you keep writing such sense :D

Now now David, be careful. Steve will show his true professionalism and try and crack funnies about you while presenting on Trackside if you keep writing such sense :D
:D

TOP jockey Lisa Cropp's battle with insomnia has her embroiled in a steward's inquiry after she returned an irregularity to a random swab sample from Oaks day.

Racing Victoria stewards stood down Cropp from her four rides at Sale after her urine sample showed the presence of Zopiclone, a treatment for insomnia that is a prohibited substance.

It is understood she has taken Zopiclone under prescription for some time.

It's believed Cropp forgot to list Zopiclone as a prescribed substance she was taking when asked by RVL stewards.

She was booked for five rides at Warrnambool, four at Mornington tomorrow and three at Moonee Valley tomorrow night, but she will not fulfil those engagements.

RVL integrity services manager Dayle Brown said the inquiry, opened and adjourned by chief steward Brett Wright at Sale, had no resumption date listed.

"It will be as soon as possible," Brown said.

He said there was a requirement that jockeys notify stewards of any substance or substances they may be taking.

"Whether stewards will permit the substance is on a case by case basis," he said.

Brown said he understood Zopiclone was prescribed for people with insomnia.

Cropp drove two hours to Sale only to find herself in the steward's room before the first race. She was told by Wright of the results of the urine sample and that she had been stood down.

It is understood Cropp will today provide a urine sample for testing, which she hopes will expedite her return to riding.

She will meet RVL stewards to determine the turnaround time from her providing a urine sample to riding in races.

It could take anywhere between seven and 14 days.

Stewards randomly tested jockeys for drug testing over the Spring Carnival. It's believed Cropp is the only jockey to test positive.

This is the bit that I find interesting....

"It's believed Cropp forgot to list Zopiclone as a prescribed substance she was taking WHEN ASKED by RVL stewards"

Surely if a jockey is taking any medication (as someone else mentioned any medication could contain a banned substance) they would not FORGET to mention it. Especially a jockey who has been riding as long as Lisa has.

Hesi said Lisa is her own worse enemy and she is.

No doubt Lisa will be back riding but will she be any wiser?