RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Magoo

Better Cover Lover

Here, Here!!!! She's a true champion.

The draw only means we may get close to $2 which would be great money.

Nick, of course Dave Butcher would hand up to Carabella, thats all De Lovely is good at. Getting soft runs and capitlizing on other horses doing too much work.

It won't matter with Carabella though, She's too good!!!

bit harsh on de lovely mate.... has won plenty of times with tough trips... breeders crown comes to mind. 3 wide for the first lap.

i agree with you about carabella but you don't need to talk rubbish bout other good

horses to prove your point

bit harsh on de lovely mate.... has won plenty of times with tough trips... breeders crown comes to mind. 3 wide for the first lap.

i agree with you about carabella but you don't need to talk rubbish bout other good

horses to prove your point

Speking through my wallet a bit. Backed Baeudine Bad Babe to beat De Lovely this time last year. BBB had to sit parked and fought couragesly for 2nd, while De Lovely had all the breaks go her way, sprinted past BBB the last 100.

That Breeders Crown win as a 3YO was huge!

Forever gold is a very quick beginner and I would be surprised if they handed up to De Lovely and run the risk that she then hands up.

I cant see them handing up to any horse except Carabella

Delovely's run last week definetly has to be viewed in context ie they went quick time and it was her first race back from a long spell and Carabella started from the 1 gate.

When one considers the quality of the fields, both this week and last, its interesting that its the mares that seem to have generated the most interest and discussion.

Its a shame that kiwi ingenuity didn't last a season or two longer. She would have made the race even more interesting.

And what of DeLovely's main rivals from her 3yo days ie Lancome and Secret Potion? Are they still racing?

But no doubt Carabella is top gun, unless it can be proven otherwise on the track.

Where does/ will she stand in the modern era as far as fillies & mares go?

I think she has surpassed One Dream, Laura Ella and Delovely.

At this point in time, I have her about equal with Kiwi Ingenuity.

She still has Mainland Banner and arguably Blossom Lady, Victor Supreme, Kate's First and Kym's Girl to match as far as accomplishments at the very highest level are concerned.

But of course those sorts of comparisons are highly subjective.

For some reason,and i'm a little dumbfounded by it..i have an inkling for De Lovely on Friday night.I'm dumbfounded because i'm a true blue Southerner so i normally follow them when they race at Auckland..While i know Carabella is a class act..i have this nagging feeling that De Lovely could upset her.

... looking at the connections sideways ... Yup!!

My slice is only very small so its difficult to comment.

I think BCL's victory over Carabella is both unsuprising and suprising in different ways.

Everyone knows Carabella's sole defeat as a 3yo came at the hands of BCL. What might be lost with time is just how much of a ding-dong battle EVERY race between them was last season. I recall a fantastic tussle between the pair at Alex Park at last year's NYE meeting I think it was.

I suppose what I'm saying is that at the peak of their abilities, there has never been much between them. I would love to know what the average winning margin between them is over all the races they've had against each other. it must be less than a length.

What is suprising and amazing is how the BCL team have managed to get the horse back when things looked so bad for her. Well done. They deserve all the acolades that will be coming their way.

Don't know if BCL's trip was any tougher than Carabella's though.

Meritorious performances from Delovely and Forever Gold too.

Questions:

Will the two 4yo mares take on Terror to Love , Gold Ace and Sushi Sushi in the Taylor Mile and Messenger?

If no, what other races are there for older mares? Just off the top of my head, I don't think there as many as there are for the 2 and 3yos.

What a shame and lost opportunity for the sport if we don't get to see the big three clash again.

I suppose there is the 4yo mares harness jewels.

Dizzy, Smoken Up, FBOW.

How does Humble pie taste.

That was a good performance, eh.

Never said anything about BCl. She's clearly better than De Lovely aswell.

Slow speed so Carabella had every chance. Bettor Cover Lover was just too good.

The training effort from mangos and the team was huge aswell!

I'm looking foward more clashes from the two champion mares this season and next season aswell hopefully.

My slice is only very small so its difficult to comment.

I think BCL's victory over Carabella is both unsuprising and suprising in different ways.

Everyone knows Carabella's sole defeat as a 3yo came at the hands of BCL. What might be lost with time is just how much of a ding-dong battle EVERY race between them was last season. I recall a fantastic tussle between the pair at Alex Park at last year's NYE meeting I think it was.

I suppose what I'm saying is that at the peak of their abilities, there has never been much between them. I would love to know what the average winning margin between them is over all the races they've had against each other. it must be less than a length.

What is suprising and amazing is how the BCL team have managed to get the horse back when things looked so bad for her. Well done. They deserve all the acolades that will be coming their way.

Don't know if BCL's trip was any tougher than Carabella's though.

Meritorious performances from Delovely and Forever Gold too.

Questions:

Will the two 4yo mares take on Terror to Love , Gold Ace and Sushi Sushi in the Taylor Mile and Messenger?

If no, what other races are there for older mares? Just off the top of my head, I don't think there as many as there are for the 2 and 3yos.

What a shame and lost opportunity for the sport if we don't get to see the big three clash again.

You're right, not many races at all for 4YO Mares or Mares full stop. I still think they'd would be more than competitive against the 4YO boys. They are both so tough.

You're right about last season with there been not much between them. Its just that carabella came out on top, what 4 out of 5 or something like that. But the margins were never big.

Who knows, maybe even despite her near death experience, Bettor Cover Lover has come back better and stronger than Carabella going into their 4YO campaigns.

Keep in mind carabella is basically still 3, been Northern Hemiphere bred.

Questions:

Carabella's connections made it known this week they would not be tacking on the boys again this season.

That leaves the feature mares' races at Addington in January and the Jewels as targets in NZ.

I saw Betty just after she came back from Aus with that horrendous injury - well done to all the team - it is just unbelievable that they got her back to the track without a fantastic performance like that. Team - party hard and long - you deserve it.

If the big four, Carabella, DeL, FG and BCL are destined to meet throughout the season I think it's De Lovely who'll get the scraps. Just MHO but I think, though she was unbeatable on her day, she's had her best season.

we are blessed with some amazing mares at the moment. Besides the 4 who competed in NZ last week, the following also awaits in Aust:

Make Mine Cullen - arguably our best mare

Broadways Best - last years premier mare and Ladyship mile winner

Pacific Playgirl - absolutely flying and competing with the best colts/geldings

Torque in Motion - very exciting and lightly raced 5yo

Courageous Annie - NSW Oaks winner

Baby Bling - Aust Oaks Winner

Bellas Delight - Breeders Crown winner

Vertigal - Breeders Challenge winner

If only we could get these 12 all in one race...